Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor. This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our websites; or when you use or are a recipient of our services.
Personal information that Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor may collect about you
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor may collect personal information which we receive when:
• you use our websites (including our Cargoland Maritime Worldwide websites)
• you use our services
• you contact us or
• you are a recipient of our services.
• This may include information:
• which you provide where you
o complete one of our forms or receipts,
o contract with us.
o enter information on a Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor website
o contact Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor directly in writing or by phone or;
• which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you via Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor.
We may collect the following types of information:
• your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
• information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
• your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
• your payment information such as credit or debit card details
• information collected through your use of Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor websites. Please see the Cookies Policy on each of websites for more information.
• details of any enquiry or complaint you make to Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor
• information about the mail or parcels sent to you via Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor services
• your information when signing for receipt of a parcel or letter.
Why Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor collects personal information
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor collects your personal information to:
• provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties
• provide other customers with products and services
• enhance or improve customers’ experience of our products and services and our websites
• improve and develop its services
• protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services
• develop and provide products and services, on its own and with third parties, for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention. Such products may be used to prevent and detect fraud against you, Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor and/or third parties
• meet its legal and regulatory obligations.
• If you call any of our customer service telephone numbers, or use any of our ‘Phone me’ services, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
How Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor collects personal information
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor collects personal information:
• directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or registers on a Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor website,
• from third parties who use our products and services e.g. information recorded on mail or parcels sent to you by a third party,
• from other companies in Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor e.g. if a customer has indicated that they wish to receive information about the products and services of Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor companies.
• from third parties e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or information from the electoral roll; get authorisation for a payment you make or when undertaking an identity check.
• when products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor to provide you with the product or service.
• when mail passes through our network Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor may collect information on the outside of letters, parcels and other mail items e.g. name and address information enables us to route items through our network for delivery to the addressee.
Who sees the personal information that Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor holds
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
• Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor companies.
• Details of our businesses can be found here: https://cargolandmaritime.com/about us
• Selected third parties
• where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them.
• where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
• for the prevention of fraud against Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor, third parties and customers
• for the purposes of identity verification
• to prevent money laundering
• where products and services are provided to third parties by Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor e.g. for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention, and it is necessary to disclose information to them in order to provide the service,
• Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g.
• to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
• in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Disclosures of personal information required by law
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
• If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
• Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
• We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
• Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
• Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
• Recovering debt
• Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
• Checking details of job applicants and employees
• We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
• Please see below for details of how to contact us if you wish to access your personal information or details of relevant fraud prevention agencies.
Transfers of personal information outside of the Nigeria
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor may need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside the Nigeria. If we do, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of Nigeria law.
Keeping personal information secure
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
How long we keep personal information
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor websites).
Access to personal information
Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor provides customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
• Information provided through https://cargolandmaritime.com
• You can see the information you have provided to us through the registration process by accessing the ‘My Profile’ section of the cargoland app. You can also use this section to change or delete this information including any consent you have provided to receive marketing communications. To do so, click on ‘Change registration details’.
A customer may allow Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor to provide them with information about products and services that Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor, or third parties Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor has selected, which may be of interest to them. Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor will only do this with customer consent.
A customer may allow Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor to provide them with information about products and services that Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor, or third parties Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor has selected, which may be of interest to them. Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information. You agree to receive marketing information:
• from Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor about our products and services by choosing not to opt-out on your registration form for a Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor website or service.
• from Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor about its similar products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service.
• from third parties about their products and services by choosing to opt-in on your registration form for a Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor website or service.
• The marketing channels used may include all means of communication e.g. email, post, phone, SMS text message and other electronic means. If electronic channels are to be used this will be specifically stated when we collect your details.
Personal Information Provided by You:
We collect names, phone Numbers, email addresses, residential addresses, password, usernames; contact or authenticated data and other similar information.
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number ( such as credit card number) and security code associated with your payment instrument. These payments data are not stored in our database but only use for payment purposes and discarded.
Information Collected through our App:
If you use our App we also collect the following information.
• Mobile Device Access We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile phone device’s camera, storage and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
• Mobile Device Id, model and manufacturer, Operating System, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model internet service provider and /or mobile carrier and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the feature of our App you accessed.
This information is primary needed to maintain the security and operation of our App for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
If your information has been passed to third parties you may need to contact them if you change your mind in relation to their continued use of your information.
You can request changes to other marketing consents provided to Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor by writing to our Information Rights Team (see ‘How to contact us’).
How to contact us
Customers with queries or complaints relating to products or services provided by Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor can contact Cargoland Maritime and Shiptodoor Customer Services for assistance:
please write to:
185 Akowonjo Road, Egbeda,